2 days ago, Tenny was dropped off at the Provo, Utah MTC by his dad & very good friend, Mingoo. They'd had a last lunch at Cafe Rio before heading over to the Provo temple to wait for Tenny's specified time to be dropped off. 12:45pm. As they were driving up, Tenny & Ming knew at least half of the Elders that were out front to welcome the ones being dropped off. Each new missionary had a personal escort waiting for them. It was so fun for them to see their friends! It helped Tenny's dad to see that Tenny would be in good hands and be amongst friends during his 6 weeks at the MTC.
For those visiting this blog:
I tried to upload pictures for this post when I set up this blog yesterday. No go. I'll keep trying today, but in the meantime, I wanted to at least post something. For those that aren't familiar with how an LDS (Mormon) mission works, the missionaries have 1 day per week that's called their "preparation" day or P day. That's the day they do their laundry, buy groceries (once he's in Sweden), play sports & can read & write emails. Most often P days are on Mondays, but sometimes Tuesdays or other days. I mention this because we'll get Tenny's first email on his first P day in the MTC. I'll be posting those here weekly as they come in, along with any pictures that he posts. Until then, I'll be adding in some pictures leading up to his mission.
If anyone would like to email him, please do so! He'd love it! But he can only read those on his P days. If you'd like to mail him a letter or package, please do so! He'd love it! He'll open those on the day they arrive to the MTC.
His address until the end of March is:
Elder Tennyson Calloway Child Hainsworth
MAR31 SWE-STO
2007 N. 900 E. Unit 99
Provo, Utah 84602
Tenny's cousin, Nate Hainsworth, teaches at the MTC. On Tenny's 1st night, he made sure to grab Tenny & have him go in his classroom. Tenny & Nate have done a lot of rock climbing together & did The Subway in southern Utah. I'm sure Tenny felt better have a close relative there on his 1st night! You can tell by looking at their shoes which one served their mission a few years ago & which one is just heading out:)
For those visiting this blog:
I tried to upload pictures for this post when I set up this blog yesterday. No go. I'll keep trying today, but in the meantime, I wanted to at least post something. For those that aren't familiar with how an LDS (Mormon) mission works, the missionaries have 1 day per week that's called their "preparation" day or P day. That's the day they do their laundry, buy groceries (once he's in Sweden), play sports & can read & write emails. Most often P days are on Mondays, but sometimes Tuesdays or other days. I mention this because we'll get Tenny's first email on his first P day in the MTC. I'll be posting those here weekly as they come in, along with any pictures that he posts. Until then, I'll be adding in some pictures leading up to his mission.
If anyone would like to email him, please do so! He'd love it! But he can only read those on his P days. If you'd like to mail him a letter or package, please do so! He'd love it! He'll open those on the day they arrive to the MTC.
His address until the end of March is:
Elder Tennyson Calloway Child Hainsworth
MAR31 SWE-STO
2007 N. 900 E. Unit 99
Provo, Utah 84602
Tenny's cousin, Nate Hainsworth, teaches at the MTC. On Tenny's 1st night, he made sure to grab Tenny & have him go in his classroom. Tenny & Nate have done a lot of rock climbing together & did The Subway in southern Utah. I'm sure Tenny felt better have a close relative there on his 1st night! You can tell by looking at their shoes which one served their mission a few years ago & which one is just heading out:)
No comments:
Post a Comment