Can you believe that I've been out for a month already?! We get our travel plans on friday, it's really starting to get real!!
So last wednesday my companions and I had our haircuts scheduled and we went to do those and just as I was walking in the haircut place I realized the stitches on my head might complicate things haha so I'm delaying the haircut till probably next week.
We found out a couple days ago that two of our amazing teachers, Sister Faux and Brother Cheney have to go through yearly training and so they aren't teaching us anymore. We were pretty bummed about that since we were teaching Brother Cheney as an investigator but oh well, we still have our amazing teachers Brother Whitworth and Sister Haynes.
I really don't mean to sound arrogant or condescending but it seems like from the teachers and the people in my district, the missionaries that go to Sweden are just such a high caliber and I've learned so much from their examples. So on friday we taught our investigator Lovisa for the fourth time I think, and that's where my Swedish lesson of the week will komma ifrån. So we were teaching Lovisa about priesthood authority and how it was lost after Jesus Christ and His Apostles were killed from the earth. So Äldste Richards says to Lovisa "Jesus Kristus och Hans Apostlarna dödade i jorden" which translates to "Jesus Christ and His apostles murdered on earth". Haha "dödade" is killed/murdered, "dödades" is was/were killed/murdered, the look on her face was priceless and we definitely learned our lesson. I guess that was our first of many "I know that Joseph Smith was a pamphlet" moments.
Our tri-pan (what everyone calls our companionship) I think has been seeing lots of progress on our teaching. We teach every day now and it's so helpful to improve in our språk och våra gospel principles. The biggest thing I've learned about teaching is to teach people, not lessons. Keep things simple and focused and address the investigator's needs. Another huge thing I've learned is that it is not our job to convince or persuade anyone. We simply invite and be the middleman and let the Spirit teach them and let them know what we're saying is true.
Every sunday we have a couple missionaries in our zone get called on to give a talk. Everyone has to prepare a talk on a certain subject and then they tell us on the spot at the podium that we're going to be coming up and talking. So I got asked on saturday to give the opening prayer which is kind of an unspoken rule that I don't have to give a talk. Haha but lo and behold, I was the first one called on. I decided to prepare for this week I'd just write bullet points down in english of what to talk about then translate and elaborate on the podium. It was hard to speak in front of everyone only in Swedish but the gift of tongues is so real and I was able to give a pretty solid 5 minute talk on repentance, sharing a personal experience and some scriptures.
We watched Legacy on sunday night (we watch a church movie or talk every sunday night) and it was about the Saints and Joseph Smith and all the hardships they went to. I can't believe I'm saying this but it stimulated my interest in family history and I'm realizing what amazing ancestors I have and I'd love to learn more about them and all the trials they endured.
It was our teacher Brother Whitworth's birthday yesterday so our other teacher taught us the Happy Birthday song in Swedish! I actually had some birthday candles in the room and another Elder in our district had a brownie so we suprised him and it was awesome, I think I like the Swedish birthday song more than the English one!
The weather here has been perfect and we've been able to study outside a pretty good amount and I love it since we're pretty much never outside otherwise. Just eat and class all day. While I was outside and reading in the Book of Mormon I decided that I needed to strengthen and reaffirm my testimony and so sitting outside I said a prayer to God and just asked him to let me know that everything I'm doing is true and I can continue forward with faith. Despite the chill of the wind blowing, I received an incredible, distinct feeling of warmth, peace, and fullness inside me. After sitting and letting that feeling grow within me these words came to me 'The gospel is true. God loves you". That's it. That's all I needed. I love this gospel and everyday day is just another amazing day on an amazing mission with amazing people. The gospel is true and God loves me and loves all of you. I KNOW that.
Till nästa gång!
Äldste Hainsworth
1. got this the first week but such a relief!
Tenny's zone on a sunny temple walk.
1. got this the first week but such a relief!
2. Haha someone messed up this page in our language book
3. Aldste Reed my main man
4. One of many nerf guns we have locked and loaded
Sorry this wasn't a very picture focused week so I don't have much, I'm sure I'll get more for the last week! Love you!
Tenny's zone on a sunny temple walk.
No comments:
Post a Comment