Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Kings of Kungsbacka!

I've had one of the best days on my mission so far and also some of the toughest days, the mission has a wide range of emotions for sure! So for the best day I'll just give you a little synopsis of what happened. We were contacting and it seemed like a lot of the people we talked to listened to us. We had some extended conversations and talked with people about their connections to Mormons and even though we didn't get anyone that wanted to learn more, it was so nice and refreshing. It really felt like God was putting these people in our path, even if it was only to plant a seed. Also it was a warm sunny day so that made walking around a lot better. 

We went to the library after dinner to meet Ali, the crazy African guy from last week, for our first lesson! Of course after a lot of trying to find him on the phone and wandering around trying to spot each other, we find out that he was at the library in Kållered a half hour away haha. But it's all good, we're teaching him this week for sure! It worked out great too cause we walked to the church after that and met the bishopric there and also our investigator, Norbert. He comes to church but doesn't really keep commitments too well and so the next lesson we're going to try and reset the expectations and have a "get real" talk so we can help him and address whatever's holding him back. I love Norbert though, super smart, nice, funny guy who's studying mechanical engineering. 

What I really learned that day is that the Spirit works when we're on the move and it seemed like we had the most success today, the day when we've done the most walking since I've been here, easily 10-15 miles. We stopped by the White family at night, a couple that likes to game, and their cute toddler son. They're less active but super genuine and nice and we got to know them and left a message. Just overall a fantastisk dag!

We got a car on friday!! And my companion can't drive it for some reason so my second week into my mission I'm driving haha was not expecting that. It's fun though, Sweden's roads aren't that different, just no right turns on red lights and always yield for pedestrians. We share the car with the Sister's so we only have it half the week but it's better that way since we can meet more people walking. We now have all possible options for transportation at our fingertips, walking, bikes, bus\train pass and a car! We're living the life here in Kungsbacka haha. 

We have inne bandy (floor hockey?) every friday night with some members and det är mycket roligt! A lot of the older members have been playing their whole lives so they're crazy good but I've got 2 years to practice! 

One funny språk experience I've had this week is that the word for green in Swedish is grön. I didn't really notice it but my companion told me that I always pronounce it groin, instead of how it's supposed to be pronounced, more like grun. I'm getting better with that one though! 

Something I learned this week that really changed my perspective on study time is something Äldste Saline, an A.P, shared with us. Our personal study time is God's classroom. We go in, say hi to God and tell Him we're ready to learn, then sit down and listen to what He has to teach us. We woudn't want to be the student that walks in late or just puts their head on their desk and sleeps the whole time. Thinking about scripture study this way helps me really appreciate and cherish that hour of personal study time so much more now. "Seek not to declare my word, but first seek to obtain my word, and then shall your tongue be loosed; then, if you desire, you shall have my Spirit and my word, yea, the power of God unto the convincing of men" D&C 11:21

Har en tjusig vecka!

Äldste Hainsworth

 beautiful place I get to serve


night time in Kungsbacka
we've already eaten like half the candy, thanks so much!

 sunday night cruisin

some things are just like Seattle
 Goteborg zone picture


 my first kebab (getting kebabtized)

walk by this a couple times a day, I'm a lucky missionary

Kungsbacka town square by our apartment


oh yeah

awkward
 dinner appointments wooh!
(From his mom: it's hard to see only 8 nights of 30 dinner signed up for!  And 1 family signed up 3 times!  I wish I could thank all of them personally for feeding my son!  I knew this was a possibility because when we lived in Denmark, the missionaries told us that members didn't feed them that often)


 Cleaning the ward building








From Tenny to his family:

 Hej I've gotta go now, doing p-day stuff then soccer in Goteborg later! Thanks for all the pics and videos and everything, have an amazing time in Cali and Tijuana! First full week ahead! Love and miss all of you so much!! Even Ol!
Vi ses!
Äldste Hainsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment