Hej kompisar! Jag hoppas allt är bra med er!
This week just sped by, we just kept really busy moving the work forward here in Sweden. So on monday we went out to some islands off of Goteborg and just walked around and checked stuff out, it was a beautiful day and good times were had. It's fun going as a district too cause our district is HUGE, 16 missionaries so people always stare at this big group of missionaries walking around.
Tuesday it was pouring rain the entire day and so soccer didn't happen at night even though I think soccer in the rain is more fun anyways. We tracted and went by a couple people during the day, nothing too exciting. We had a member dinner at Karin Johanssens, such an awesome family and I always look forward to going over. We played jenga with her and her kids after dinner, I hate that game so much cause I get super anxious but it's pretty dang fun too, love hate relationship.
Wednesday we contacted in the afternoon and it was great. We met a girl named Malou in Kungsbacka centrum who's still in high school but was interested in learning more, hopefully she becomes a new investigator cause we need them for sure! We went to a member dinner at the Mattson's and they're house was amazingly designed and laid out, it legit could've been on the front cover of Better Homes and Gardens, dang. Oh also Elder Orr is gone! He left this morning, his time in the four man was short but he's a great lovable guy and I'll miss him. Elder Stinett's replaced Elder Orr in the four man now and I'm looking forward to some great times with him and the other Elder's.
Thursday was a red day (holiday) here in Sweden so it felt like a saturday. We went and picked up some logs with some members at the Swedish equivalent of Home Depot and did some service with them. In the afternoon we went tracting and since it was a red day and the weather was really good it just felt good being out and about, we got a couple potential's. We had dinner at the church (we do that a lot now since we live a 15 minute drive or train ride away in Kållered). We taught our investigator Norbert after dinner and it was probably the most interesting and memorable lesson on my mission so far. We taught him the Law of Chastity and he was just very open about everything but it was a great lesson and he seems to be making some great progress!
Friday we went to Wrapps in Goteborg which is like a less quality, more expensive Qdoba, mexican food in Sweden isn't the same as back home. Did weekly planning in the afternoon and then some swing by's at night but no one was really home. Kind of funny, when we went to get the car keys from the Sister's they gave us a little bag with some cookies to be nice and we just happened to have little bags of cookies that we were giving to people we swung by so we returned the favor, worked out super well.
Saturday we went in the morning to an immigration camp in Kållered and visited with a recent convert from Nigeria named Osoro. I was able to give him a priesthood blessing of comfort cause he was having a really hard time being confined to the camp. He was in their for medical reasons and was really stressed out and didn't know how long he'd stay and just wanted to know what was going to happen to him and when. We also gave him two Book of Mormon's\Book's of Mormon and he was so grateful to get those. In the afternoon went by Bent who we contacted on the street, I mention him in an earlier letter I think. We found out he's into heavy metal music like Metallica and ACDC, super cool! He shared a lot of crazy spiritual experiences with us that he's had. Bent is totally converted but says he wants to wait till the Millennium to get baptized. For Bent, it's all about a social conversion and making him feel welcome at church and with the members. We had a very Swedish experience tracting on satuday. So we knocked on this door and waited a little and were looking around and saw an older man standing behind us next to a bush about 40 feet back just staring at us. When we looked at him, he moved behind the bush but then kept peeking out and staring at us. We're guessing he lived in the apartment we were tracting and wanted to avoid confrontation at all costs.
Sunday we met up with Osoro again and he was a different person! Two hours after we left on saturday he got the message that he'd be leaving for Hamburg, Germany on monday. It'll be the best for him and he'll have more freedom and better treatment for his medical stuff. The light was back in his eyes and he was smiling and laughing again. His fear had disappeared and was replaced by faith that God had a plan for him and Germany was where he was supposed to go.All Osoro kept saying was that he wanted a place where he can "worship and fellowship with his brethen of the Church" cause that's what brings him joy in life. Osoro's an awesome guy and really strengthened my testimony of the power of priesthood blessings and having faith.
This week I've been studying how I can really be the missionary that God wants me to become. In D&C 4:2 it says "O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day". Anyone can serve with all their might and strength but are we giving our heart and mind to God as well? That's what I've decided to do, to let it go, stop debating between what I want and what God wants for me and just be fully committed, all in, give it up, put myself in His hands and that's when I know I can reach my full, divine potential.
Mycket kärlek!
Äldste Hainsworth
P-day on an island!
(Sherri: on the right I'm noticing a Subway & the same bank we used when we lived in Denmark. Danske Bank)
On the ferry.
(Sherri: same gorgeous white churches with immaculately kept cemeteries as in DK. I wonder how old this one is & if it has a perfect replica of an old Viking sailing ship hanging from it's ceiling like the Danish churches do?)
Elder Orr with a jellyfish on his head.
P-day on an island!
Big motorcycle event in Kungsbacka
(Sherri: on the right I'm noticing a Subway & the same bank we used when we lived in Denmark. Danske Bank)
On the ferry.
(Sherri: same gorgeous white churches with immaculately kept cemeteries as in DK. I wonder how old this one is & if it has a perfect replica of an old Viking sailing ship hanging from it's ceiling like the Danish churches do?)
Elder Orr with a jellyfish on his head.
No comments:
Post a Comment