Emailed on June 8th:
Last monday we went to Liseberg!!! It's a big amusement park right in Goteborg and it was so fun! It was pretty expensive, 425 kr but totally worth it! The Helix was the best roller coaster I've ever been on. We got cotton candy, a member we were with threw up on a teacup spinny kind of ride, just the classic amusement park memories.
Liseberg amusement park. Why is Tenny's cotton candy almost gone?
Doing some afternoon language study:)
rockin' the matching shirts & aprons that my mom sent in my birthday package.
At Liseberg
Didn't quite make the cut
Riding the Helix with Elder Stinett
Sometimes you gotta take a break and do some little kiddy rides
Learned to play this new game called Munchkins, way fun
Elder Christensen taking a quick nap/sucking on his thumb
Tjolöholms Slott (above is one my fave shots from Tenny's mission so far! his mom, Sherri) Here's a link to this castle for anyone wanting to learn more about it.
backside of the castle
tour of the castle
Last monday we went to Liseberg!!! It's a big amusement park right in Goteborg and it was so fun! It was pretty expensive, 425 kr but totally worth it! The Helix was the best roller coaster I've ever been on. We got cotton candy, a member we were with threw up on a teacup spinny kind of ride, just the classic amusement park memories.
On tuesday we went and did some service in the pouring rain for the Ternström family again and we got a lot done. He made us some great burgers afterwards and the food tasted amazing cause we were wet and dirty and tired, I love how that works. We caught up on our studies in the afternoon then went and had dinner at Joel and Molly Herrey's house. Their baby Emma loves to smile and play and it was almost I'd say stress relieving being around her, babies are the best.
Wednesday a potential investigator blåsted (cancelled or didn't show up) on us so we just did some errands in the afternoon while contacting on the way. We taught Norbert at night and figured out how to work the sound and projector in the chapel (yes, there chapel has a projector that displays the hymns) so we watched the Restoration with Norbert and the Spirit was so strong during the First Vision. Norbert liked it but mostly looked at everything from an intellectual perspective and forgets about the spiritual perspective that is so important to conversion. I've gotten to know him really well and I love him and really want him to receive the happiness and joy of the gospel, we'll keep working hard with him.
På torsdag we took a train and bus to Åsa and walked around there doing swing by's in the beautiful sweater weather! No one that we went by was home but we tracted a little bit as well and got to check out the town. We went to a member dinner at Ann-Marie Höger's, she usually has us and the Sisters over every week, we had some good soup and Swedish pancakes. She kept saying how she's so blessed to have the missionaries over and to feed them dinner. We were curious why she kept saying that everytime we came over and she said something like "You are representatives of Jesus Christ so it's an opportunity for me to serve Him, my Savior". I loved that so much and it really reminded me who I am and what my calling as a missionary means.
We had zone conference on friday, my first one! It was titled Disciples in the Digital Age so everyone was talking about Ipads and Facebook and all this stuff but nope, just preparing us to get Ipads in the future. It was amazing, I learned so much, like that for many, the first impression of the Church is ME. That just emphasized what I learned from the day before about my calling as a representative of Christ and how important it is to honor and fulfill that calling, always.
I turned 19 on saturday! It's the age in my life where I'll spend the entire year on a mission, crazy! Elder Stinett made me and all of us pancakes in the morning. I went on splits in Västra Frölunda with Elder Elinkowski which was fun. We tracted a bunch of buildings, got a few potential's and did a few swing by's. We also walked around in Goteborg and contacted people. We got a card handed to us for free entry to the biggest night club in Goteborg for that night...on my 19th birthday....but we didn't go of course! We met up with the other two Elder's in at I Heart Pizza and had the best kebab I've ever had for sure. I'm 19 and lovin it, I could now be on a mission if I was a girl!
Best sunday of my mission, maybe even life! We had 5 investigators in church and the sisters had 1 as well so 6 total!! It was a multi stake conference broadcasted from Scotland to all of Northern Europe. Elder Holland spoke on the Book of Mormon and gave the most powerful, emotional, incredible testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon I've ever heard in my life. The Spirit was so strong in that meeting. He quoted something saying "No evil man could write such a book and no good man would". My testimony was strengthened so much, the Book of Mormon is true and Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God, take God up on his promise in Moroni 10:3-5 and find out for yourself.
Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone, ha det så bra!
Äldste Hainsworth
One night we were feeling patriotic so we had a ceremony of unfolding the flag then hung it up on the wall and said the Pledge of Allegiance to it
yard work in the rain
What I woke up to on Saturday!
rockin' the matching shirts & aprons that my mom sent in my birthday package.
Didn't quite make the cut
Riding the Helix with Elder Stinett
Sometimes you gotta take a break and do some little kiddy rides
The Liseberg crew
Learned to play this new game called Munchkins, way fun
Elder Christensen taking a quick nap/sucking on his thumb
Vacker!
Tjolöholms Slott (above is one my fave shots from Tenny's mission so far! his mom, Sherri) Here's a link to this castle for anyone wanting to learn more about it.
tour of the castle
cool angel statue
at the castle gardens
No comments:
Post a Comment