Hey there! It feels like so much has happened this past week, probably cause of the transition between companions and what not!
Växjö Carnival
The concert didn't even start till we were back home for the night!
Gotta catch em all!
On tuesday we had an interview with Smålandspåst, the local newspaper here in Växjö that people read. It was Emily, a super nice journalist, and her photographer. They reached out to do an article on us so we met them at the church on tuesday morning. Emily just asked us a ton of questions and I feel like it went well, we just smiled and tried to be friendly, normal people. We had a good time chatting and it wasn't too weird. After the interview we showed them around the church and went and took some pics at a nearby park. Who would've known male models can be missionaries too, I mean vice versa. So that article should be coming out soon, I'll email out the online version so y'all can read it when it's published!
After that whole thing on tuesday we swung by some members so Elder Demordaunt could say his last goodbyes. After that we just went back and Elder Demordaunt packed, dang he's got a lot of stuff! Looking back on this transfer though I feel like I've been learning so much so quickly that it's hard to process and apply everything at once if that makes sense but I'm doing my best. Elder Demordaunt really showed me how to always be an example of the joy of the gospel, that's something I'll carry with me the rest of my mission and life hopefully.
On wednesday I sent Elder Demordaunt off around 11 am and wait around for Elder Erikson to get in at 11:50. He doesn't show up and to make a long story short he gets in around 3 pm after a lot of waiting and worrying on my part. Elder Erikson is from Idaho Falls, he's been out around 10 months and was actually comps with Elder Demordaunt in the MTC. He played tennis and ran in high school, it's been fun!
On thursday thankfully we had district meeting here in Växjö so it was just a short bus ride away to the Church. We had a good discussion then went to a bistro buffet on the water of Växjö lake, my choice. During lunch we got this random call from this guy named Pontus who pretty much said he saw stuff about us on Ancient Aliens (Discovery channel show?) and is interested in learning more. so we were a little apprehensive going into it but he seemed genuine when we met with him. The lesson went well with Elder Erikson and I teaching together despite it being our first day together. After that we did some swing by's and nothing too crazy happened. At night though I accidentally got us off at the wrong bus stop and we ended up walking 40 minutes home, I'm pretty bad with directions so it's been tough on the mission navigating everywhere but I know it's a weakness I can definitely make a strength with time, a lot of time and practice!
On friday we went and had some fika (tea and cookies) with our investigator Kjell, he pretty much shared his whole life story concerning religion which was good for me and especially Elder Erikson to hear, I'm excited to help him receive the happiness of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
It's was crazy this weekend in Downtown Växjö, there's a travelling carnival here for the weekend so it was crazy busy and loud and just exciting to be around that.
On saturday we met with a 33 year old guy named Jonny who we got as a referall from other missionaries phone. We had a good chat getting to know eachother, he's very Swedish though so it was more of an interview it felt like with us asking him lots of questions and him giving what seemed like the shortest possible answer. After Jonny we changed, cleaned the church cause it was our week, did some calls and headed off to soccer. After soccer we helped clean Allu, an old member's garden. We were pretty exhausted by the end of that day but I wouldn't change a thing!
Saturday was great, we had a couple investigators and less actives who made it to church. It was funny, Pontus, the guy who called us about aliens, shouted something in the middle of sacrament meeting during a member's talk to make sure he heard him right. We had the best weekly planning session I've ever had on my mission, just really thorough and makes me excited for this week.
This new transfer's been terrific, we only speak Swedish outside the apartment which is hard but sooo helpful. I hope and pray that Elder Erikson and I can fulfill our potential here in Växjö over the coming month or so. That's actually what I've been thinking about again this week, I made a list of the potential I have on my mission and also my entire life. It really surprised me when I was honest with myself how great of potential I thought I had for my short two years here in Sweden and my life here on earth. I'm coming to realize as I get into the rhythm of missionary work and Sweden and everything that IF I choose to and act everyday, my mission can change me. It can change my life.
Love you all!
Äldste Hainsworth
Gotta catch em all!
No comments:
Post a Comment