Transfer news! Elder Erikson and I will be sticking around in Växjö, making this my 3rd transfer here in Växjö! Expect great things! Oh and Elder Erikson is the new district leader!
On tuesday it was just bound to be a good day cause we were out and about on the move from noon until 8 at night when we had dinner! We started off with some swing by's in our neighborhood. We met this awesome old investigator named Berhane who has an oooold translation of the Book of Mormon to Swedish which is pretty much Icelandic and impossible to read so we gave him a newer one! He said he might be kicked out of Växjö but will try to come to church! After that we met up with Pontus our investigator at the church and had a dang good lesson. We read 3 Nephi 11 when Jesus comes to the Nephites then taught him the 5 parts of Christ's gospel. He said something I really like about believing in God, "when you believe in something, something believes in you". Think about that...Pontus is really searching, mostly on youtube and about ancient Egyptian Gods and how the pyramids were built by levitation but he's making progress! After Pontus we met an older man who lectured us on how Islam and Christianity need to agree, then went and did some tracting till it was time to go home. Really good, active day, the Spirit works when we're on the move!
Wednesday we went waaay out from Växjö to some awesome member's house, the Stokes. They're the ones who've been in Växö as long as I have, they moved from London. They're the best, we talked about books and had some amazing indian food (I looove indian food). We talked about temples since the branch temple trip is coming up in a couple weeks. Later in the day we swung by some potential investigator's with no luck so we knocked some doors. That was the day!
Thursday was district meeting here in Växjö which went really well. After district meeting I went on splits with Elder Albertsen. He's from Farmington, UT, is a state finalist for wrestling and is a stud. Oh and he's the district leader. We had a good time, we taught Ann-Marie the word of wisdom with Jonny present and it went great!! We had ward council at night, then ended the night by talking with a guy on the street about the nature of God.
Friday we met up with Jonny, the best member ever, for lunch at a place called 4 kronor. It was sooo good and fancy and we just had a good time. After that we hopped on the train and went back to Kristianstand to switch back comps annnnnd I lost my bus pass on the train! I've called some places and hopefully will get it back soon, good thing we have bikes until then! We finished the night with weekly planning.
Saturday we had open church and PEOPLE ACTUALLY CAME IN! Wow this might be a first in Växjö history, 4 people came and checked it out, so exciting! We taught Pontus about the Plan of Salvation then met with a less active then cleaned the church, we were at the church a lot on saturday. We had dinner at the mission leader's house, met with a less active who actually gave us a referal even though she never comes to church! Sweet!
On sunday Elder Erikson gave a great talk about the Book of Mormon in church. After church we were able to give a blessing and the sacrament to a member who's been having a hard time lately and will be travelling out of the country soon. We had dinner at a muslim family, they're soo nice and friendly and such a great example to me of loving your neighbor and putting family first. The food was from the middle east and it was a solid way to close out the week. The dad told us all about how 9/11 was an inside job by the government and how the first American moon landing was faked by Hollywood. Who would've known?
Swedish fun fact: Swedes love wearing black New York Yankees hats, I see several every day!
This week has flown by as I tried to leave this area in the best shape possible in case I was leaving, glad to be staying and able to build off the momentum Elder Erikson and I have going!
Hope you all have a wonderful week!
Äldste Hainsworth
AMAZING red velvet cupcakes from a member
With Elder Albertsen and Jonny
Middle eastern dinner (mom comments: I love how they used the broiler pan from the oven as a serving piece, too. And the limes in their own little dishes. I also love that Tenny is exposed to so many immigrants, especially in his current town that he gets to stay in for at least 6 more weeks until the next transfer date. It's like he's able to go to different countries via the people, their food, their language, their homes, etc. )
No comments:
Post a Comment