Monday, November 2, 2015

Skånish Probs

Hej! 

I'm wrapping up my first week in Helsingborg and have loved it so far. I've never been this excited to get out there and do some dang missionary work even if it's been getting dark around 4:30 in the afternoon. My new companion Elder Walton is the man, he's been in Sweden 3 months and already speaks great Swedish. He's from Salt Lake City and is a real outdoorsy guy and went to U of U before the mish so we're arch enemies... I still love him though! Helsingborg is the biggest city by far that I've been in and I love it! You can also see Denmark from the city so that's pretty cool. 

Elder Walton and I have spent this past week talking to lots of people, meeting our investigators and members (who are awesome by the way), and trying to celebrate Halloween as best we could! We didn't do very halloween-y things, we had dinner with a family in the ward and played soccer, still fun! Halloween's growing here in Sweden for sure, it's not as full out as the States but it's still a good time and some people dressed up.

The accent down here in Helsingborg is full on Skånish which has been a tough adjustment from the relatively clear Smålandish and very clear Göteborgske, my companion has understood more of what some of the thicker-accented people say than me! 

The work is really clicking along here in Helsingborg and I'm looking forward to my time here. I just want to leave y'all with this thought. Growing up I had a lot of people I looked up to and strived to be like. My amazing parents, cousins who've served missions, siblings, church leaders, teachers in school, probably some celebrities, the list goes on and on. I've come upon and tried to apply this simple realization on my mission that the ONLY person I need to look to, to strive for, and to seek after is Jesus Christ. He is the perfect example. There is no other path to take, no side road, no shortcut because every person I looked up to is following the path of Jesus Christ in some way or another. "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me". 

Äldste Hainsworth

 Tenny doesn't say where these are taken, but I'm sure it's in his new town of Helsingborg.
 Very impressive Slot.  Castle.  With the Swedish flag flying very high.  (mom comments)

No comments:

Post a Comment