Sunday, May 1, 2016

He is Risen! (no seriously, from the coma)

Hey y'all! Great first week here with my man Elder Groberg. Brief bio on the new comp:

-From Mapleton, UT
-6 siblings, 3 older and 3 younger
-Came out right after high school
-Wants to be an engineer
-Likes using "swenglish" where you throw in swedish words when speaking english
-Is officially 19 as of yesterday

Elder Baquedano and I spent our last day together on tuesday planting flowers at the Stockholm temple. I sent him off to Norrköping on wednesday then picked Elder Groberg and we got right to work on wednesday. 

Good news!! Mikael's brother woke up!! It's been about 3 weeks since he went into a coma which put a halt to all Mikael's progress but his brother woke up! So amazing! His brother will now begin the long recovery process with the help of his loving brother Mikael and his family. He remembers nothing about his life and has a long way to go but Mikael has stayed positive the whole way. 

We've been calling lots of potential investigators and have got some lesson set up this week, it's exciting! Vendelsö could use some new positive investigators that's for sure! 

As is the case many sunday's here in Vendelsö, I passed the sacrament. I was assigned to go pass in the back of the chapel and as I came to a single lady in the ward sitting by herself in the  back corner and passed her the sacrament, I felt this overwhelming sense of love for this single sister that faithfully comes to church each week to draw strength and support from her Savior and renew her covenants. It was a small testimony builder to me of God's love for each and every one of His children. 

I've been thinking a lot about the power that I can have on other people. Acts 10:44-"While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word". It says in the Bible Dictionary that "faith is kindled by hearing the testimony of those who have faith". I've had countless experiences on my mission of inspiring faith in others through my own testimony and conviction. That's how I gained my own testimony and that's the first step of missionary work for others. Let your testimony and your example be the spark that ignites someone else's faith to action! 

Love you all, take care and hope to talk to you soon! 

Mycket kärlek,

Äldste Hainsworth

 I don't even know

Elder Grobergs bday suprise from the Hägersten missionaries

 Out for the count

Planting dem flowers





Most of the zone pic

Elder Groberg and I lakeside

Sunset from the apartment


1 comment:

  1. Kungsbacka Cleaning Services Stair Cleaning Services Home Cleaning ServicesStair Cleaning Services We work only with products that are approved by the Asthma & Allergy Association as long as otherwise agreed with the customer.

    ReplyDelete