Saturday, February 20, 2016

Going Full Circle

Hey y'all!

This week we had specialized zone training with President and Sister Beckstrand and the assistants came down to Skåne for. It's funny how inspiration works, the conference was about strengthening our own and other's testimonies but I needed help with helping investigators making and keeping commitments and I got some great insights during the training. The assistants talked about being full time vs fill time missionaries and how it's important that our missionary activities are always focused on bring people closer to Christ. Work hard AND smart.

I learned a lesson this week because Elder Scott and I forgot to ask for bus card money to the office until saturday and it can't be submitted until monday and it takes 3-5 days to process so we've been living life behind bars. I've actually enjoyed biking, the weather's been cold but sunny and you get to see the city in a different way. 

Funny language moment for ya, Elder Scott and I were roleplaying teaching someone on the street for companion study and he was the person and I was the missionary. He was playing an atheist and he was talking to me, the missionary, about how God can't exist because of all the suffering in the world. He said (in Swedish), "det är hemskt att Isis skjutsa människor" which essentially translates to "it's terrible that Isis gives people rides". Haha "skjutsa" is to give a ride, "skjuta" is to shoot. I can totally relate to Äldste Scott is the beautiful thing about training, I've been there my man. Still am there sometimes. 

So the same crazy guy from Romania that talked with Elder Christensen and I in Kungsbacka station 10 months ago took the same train as us down to Malmö on monday and that was the highlight of the day. He didn't have a ticket so he pretended to ring someone when the bus conductor comes pass and it totally worked. His sister is princess diana, he loves sweden cause he can shop lift and only spend 3 days in prison, he was on the train to denmark to sleep then was coming back, he was quite the legend. Came full circle. 

Hope everyone has a solid week, love you all! 

Äldste Hainsworth


 We came, we saw, we conquered

Nimis for p day today was freezing but so cool! 




Romanian guy

From Monika Pettersson:  





No comments:

Post a Comment