Monday, February 1, 2016

Updates & New Mates

Hey all! I feel like this email just needs some quick updates on lots of people we work with so I'll go ahead and crank those out. Hopefully it helps! 

Erik and Peter- meet with them every other week, they're determined to read the whole Book of Mormon before they accept or deny the Church so we meet with them and answer their questions about what they've read. Really making progress though.

Dan- he's been very up and down and slammed the door in our faces earlier in the week but then called us and invited us over a couple days later so we've essentially dropped Dan because it's such a huge time commitment and he's essentially going in a circle with no real progress. Very sad but we still encourage him to read and pray and come to Church. 

Demetri- he came to church and went to a YSA activity and is pretty tough to meet with but we keep on trying. Working on getting hometeachers for him and his family as well. 

Tommy- haven't had the chance to go out to Påarp in a while to visit Tommy but we will certainly be going this week.

Lars- long period of no contact with Lars but he's texted us saying he's been busy but is still interested and hope we're doing well so we'll hopefully start teaching Lars again soon.

Sebastian and Kade- they're busy with school so it's tough to meet and they haven't made it to church yet but we're excited to keep teaching them, Plan of Salvation is next on the agenda. 

Tina- we haven't met with her since the first lesson since we're letting her and her husband CJ take it at their pace but hopefully will teach another lesson soon. We helped them with a HUGE move on saturday that was a 6 hour full body workout, I was fried after that. Felt good helping out though. And hanging out with their super cute dog. 

Two stories for this week! The Landskrona elders and us like to do contacting blitzes sometimes where we switch comps and go hit the streets, it's fun and surprisingly effective. So during one of these blitzes Elder Mason and I contact a guy named Alexander whose got the classic earbuds in hoodie on. We was immediately interested in hearing our message and we got his number before we really started talking! We met up with him a few days later and had a GREAT lesson on the Restoration of the Church and the Book of Mormon. Turns out Alexander had a spiritual awakening a few years back and has been searching ever since and was out on the streets that night with headphones in pondering the Bible and his search when we stopped him. He said he would be baptized if he knew the Book of Mormon was true! 

Viveca referred herself on the Church's website and we called her and set up an appointment for saturday night. Her husband and mom joined in the lesson. Turns out Viveca is huge into family history and figured out a few years back she has family in California and she went and visited them. Turns out the relative is a Bishop in the ward there in California and she learned all about the Church and even went to church with them! She says she's always felt drawn to the Mormon church and could always see herself as a member. We taught a powerful Restoration lesson to her, gladly answered their questions and left some Church materials. Viveca is awesome, Elder Scott and I were skipping out the door after that lesson.

 The Lord is preparing people! I know it's true, I've seen it happen here in Helsingborg and I've seen it throughout my mission! 

I love you all and each and every one of you is more of an example to me than you realize and I appreciate that. I really do. 

Love,

Äldste Hainsworth



 Tenny's companion, Elder Scott from Australia sent me Tenny's pictures today.  Looks like the meat in the ad below is from Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment