This week I shipped out of southern Sweden and landed in Vendelsö, south of Stockholm. Vendelsö is the second smallest area in Europe, it's mostly neighborhoods and meets in the chapel in Väster Haninge right by the Stockholm temple. It's got a big ward with lots of young families and little kids which makes for some loud sacrament meetings. I love Swedish kids, little kid Swedish is the cutest thing. Here's a brief bio on Elder Baquedano:
Did I really do it?
Elder Baquedano is a stud
Taste of the new apartment
-From southwest France about 2 hours from Spain
-Cooks great food
-Probably speaks better English then me
-Went to a couple years of college before the mish
-We have the same birthday!!!
The work here is really different than what I'm used to, I've already contacted the same person twice on accident in the time I've been here so it's not the big city missionary life anymore. It's exciting meeting all the members, they're all very nice and welcoming. Our investigator pool is good but kind of stale, they're not making much progress so Elder Baquedano and I are gonna get things going, this area has a ton of potential!
District meeting was a bit nerve racking but this district is the best, I lucked out. We've got six missionaries, Sister Svensson (from Helsingborg) and Sister Giles, then Elder Dickson and Elder Rowley. It's been a good time.
John 6:66-69: "From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God." This something I've been pondering quite a bit recently as I've reflected on my life and the path I've taken in order to achieve happiness in my life. I want to bear my testimony that the gospel of Jesus Christ is the source of all my happiness and I have no regrets being a disciple of Jesus Christ. It has changed me.
Love y'all!
Äldste Hainsworth
When I was all alone (explained above)
Taste of the new apartment
No comments:
Post a Comment