Hey y'all! I've officially decided that I love Swedish kids! I wish I could just pack one up in a box and ship em home so you could experience them buuut that would be highly illegal. This ward in Vendelsö is filled with kids, kids at every member dinner and they're the best. Little kid Swedish is adorable and Swedish kids are smart, they know their stuff.
Anyways we committed Mikael to quit smoking on wednesday and he gratefully accepted the offer of a priesthood blessing to assist him. Kent, a member that was with us, offered an inspired blessing upon Mikael of both comfort and strength. It was a powerful experience and reminded me of a scripture in Luke 1:37- "For with God nothing shall be impossible". Mikael is on the road to quit smoking, he's been having a really tough time physically quitting to the point of he couldn't come to church cause he felt horrible. We thought he could quit without using the stop smoking program but it's looking like that's the best thing for him. We will probably be pushing his baptismal date back but his desire's still there and he's reading and praying everyday!
Sunday morning was tough, we had a couple less actives promise to come to church and Mikael was planning on coming and all of them said they couldn't come anymore sunday morning when we were there with a ride for them and ready to go. Oh well life goes on!
We had a lesson with Zuleyka, a referral from the Elders in Handen. It went well despite her family not being interested in learning more. She has already read the Book of Mormon but it was a while ago so we're starting from square one. Hopefully more where that came from!
Personal study has been a lot of reading about the Savior's life from the perspective of John, one of his Apostles. It's interesting getting a different perspective than in the other respective gospels, some new miracles that are only contained in John. Jesus turning water to wine at a wedding is always something that's interested me, I like that that miracle because it shows that Jesus was a social person, not a recluse. That's important! Also, Jesus was honoring and obeying his mother when she requested the miracle which is also very important. I love the New Testament cause it helps me realize that Jesus was practical and realistic as well as perfect. For example, after He wakes the daughter of Jairus He tells them to get her something to eat, she's been asleep awhile and needs something to eat. I've always been a very realistic, practical person where things have to be applicable and make sense and I feel that that's a special aspect of Jesus' example that is often overlooked but that I really cherish.
I love you all, check out FollowHim.mormon.org if you haven't already!
Peace and blessings,
No comments:
Post a Comment