What up y'all! This was an awesome week and after some crazy weather the sun has come out and looks like it's here to stay! Here's what went down:
We had an awesome lesson with our relatively new investigator Betul. She comes from Turkey and is interested in learning more about Christianity and the restored gospel. During our lesson the Spirit was so strong when we watched the Restoration with Betul, it was her first time learning about the Restoration and she may not understand yet the feelings she had but it was the influence of the Holy Ghost. It is the only way to a lasting conversion. I'm so grateful for the power of the Holy Ghost and that I belong to a living church where we believe in modern day, personal revelation.
She committed to our invitation to be baptized the first week in June and we're excited to keep working with and helping her prepare for that special day.
Mikael has been doing much better, his brother is recovering from his coma slowly but surely which means Mikael is working again towards baptism the first week of June. His last two big hurdles are quitting smoking which is supposed to happen this week and coming to church. He's right on track and has a strong testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We continue to meet with and read the Book of Mormon with him every other day.
We had stake conference so I got to see a couple of old companions, Elder Baquedano and Elder Scott, man I love my companions. We had a wonderful conference on saturday then all the missionaries walked to a big field by the church where Valborg was going on, with the giant bonfire and all. It was way fun and the weather was perfect.
I just discovered this awesome website discover.mormon.org and I want you to check it out! It's a very simple, well organized website about the basic beliefs of the church. That's what it's all about is those sweet simple truths of the gospel and the more we understand and live them the greater foundation of faith we can build upon.
I love you all and hope you had a fantastic week!
Äldste Hainsworth
Ps The district meeting topic this week is the Law of Chastity, wish me luck! As long as it's not as awkward as it was in priest quorum I'll be happy!
Valborg!!
Valborg!!
Companions that nod off together, stay together
No comments:
Post a Comment