Thursday, June 2, 2016

Drowsy Drug Problems

Hallå där ni tjusiga människor! 

I've got to start by sharing this little story. This last wednesday Elder Groberg apparently took some new allergy meds to help with pollen and stuff. We had our correlation meeting with Kent our mission leader at his apartment, so we were sitting on the couch facing Kent who was on a chair. We're about 20 minutes into the meeting and Kent and I are talking about an investigator and I glance over since Elder Groberg's been awfully quiet and his head is buried in his hand which is resting on the couch! He's out cold! Kent's been playing it off as if nothing's happening so I just kick Elder Groberg in the leg under the table and he wakes up, only to nod off again! This kicking waking nodding off process goes on for the next half hour until we wrap things up. Needless to say Elder Groberg took a nap for dinner in the evening. 

Elder Groberg also mowed our neighbors/landlords lawn for them on saturday cause he mowed lawns as a high school job so apparently he was craving a good lawn mowing. Seemed to do the trick. 

Well, after lots of prayers and working with wonderful members we had some more investigators in church yesterday! Mayra came and brought her three teenage daughters (10, 14, 17 so they remind me of my younger sisters) and they seemed to love it! Except Mayra said she got a headache from all the loud kids during sacrament meeting, our ward can get a little out of hand in the kid department sometimes. The members were so great though and so welcoming! Angelica came as well since her member boyfriend Samuel was giving a talk! She seemed to really enjoy herself and stayed for all three hours. It may not seem like much but remember Betul who came two weeks ago was the first investigator in church in 6 months!! 

Mikael's brother went into the hospital yesterday and has been diagnosed with cancer. We're very sad for Mikael and his investigating will be put on hold for a while but we will continue to offer love and support. 

Betul continues to come to the YSA center in Stockholm every week but isn't too excited to meet with us otherwise for normal lessons so we'll see what happens with her! 

Something I liked in my scripture study this week:

1 Nephi 6: 4-6 

"4 For the fulness of mine intent is that I may persuade men to come unto the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, and be saved.
 5 Wherefore, the things which are pleasing unto the world I do not write, but the things which are pleasing unto God and unto those who are not of the world.
 6 Wherefore, I shall give commandment unto my seed, that they shall not occupy these plates with things which are not of worth unto the children of men"

Like Nephi says in verse 5, if we want to please the world then the Book of Mormon isn't for us, but if we want to please God then we will follow the teachings of the Book of Mormon. It's that simple, the choice is up to us! I hope we'll choose God because that's the path to lasting peace and happiness. 

Love each one of you so much! Have a wonderful week! 

Äldste Hainsworth
(from May 23rd)

 The Nordic Museum! 

Elder Groberg and I adopted a little Mongolian baby

The District! Glad 4 of us are staying! 

Sister Giles (Rob Hild's cousin) is going home, we're gonna miss having her in the district!  



 Neighbor's dog Topas

Elder Groberg doing work in our front yard

What Swedes do when the sun comes out

No comments:

Post a Comment