Monday, October 19, 2015

Splits Gone Wild!

This week we went bowling on p-day with some of my favorite members, Marvin, Jonny and Helene. It was a super good time and I even got to show them a thing or two from my BYU bowling days. I love how bowling is just as fun here in Växjö, Sweden with people that were complete strangers to me 4 months ago as it was back home with long time family and friends. This mission makes me realize how small the world really is and that friendships and connections to people knows no cultural, linguistic, or religious bounds. 

On Thursday we had district meeting in Karlskrona and I served in Karlskrona with Elder Hart who I knew from before the mission at college. It was a great time and we worked hard and Elder Erikson and Elder Holt came back to Karlskrona on friday night to switch back. The plan was for the four of us to stay in the Karlskrona apartment then Elder Erikson and I to take the train to Växjö saturday morning. We couldn't buy tickets the usual way of calling the train company cause they're closed on the weekend. The only other option was to get the office's help and somehow the office never responded to our insistent calling and texting so we were essentially stuck in Karlskrona all of saturday. We tagged along with the four elders in Karlskrona the whole day and had a great time with some members that accommodated for two extra elders. We ended up sleeping over and catching a train back sunday morning just in time for church. I think I need to bring some backup pairs of socks for future splits in case that ever happens again...

It was a disappointing week for investigators, our investigator Ava who I've come to love and appreciate so much was doing great and had read most of the Book of Mormon in the short 3 weeks we'd met with her. She was doing so well but last night we went by her apartment and her husband and other family members had returned from Syria. Due to family pressures Ava said she can't meet anymore, we were pretty devastated since she's our only progressing investigator at the moment and was doing so well but Ava has a great foundation of the gospel now and I'm confident that she's being prepared for future missionaries she'll encounter in her life. 

Brad R. Wilcox in a talk I listened to said "We didn't come to earth to find our self-worth, we brought it with us". That is something I'm discovering little by little in the service of God here in Sweden, that "the worth of souls is great in the sight of God" D&C 18:10. We're all one big family here on earth so why not get to know each other and love each other and help each other reach our full God-given potential and understand our divine self worth. 

Love all of you so very much! 

Äldste Hainsworth

 Bowling with the crew



 Elder Erikson hit his year mark!

Food festival in Karlskrona


 Making some German pretzels with Hannah the German exchange student!

No comments:

Post a Comment