This has been another awesome week here in Växjö, I think I just passed my 4 month mark in this great area! Let me give you the low down on how this week went.
Tuesday was just one of those cloudy down days. We did a lot of area book work and calls in the afternoon to set stuff up. That's one awesome thing I've learned from Elder Erikson is the gold that can be found in the area book, I mean think about it, it's just a ton of work that missionaries before you have already done in your area in one convenient binder! We went by the coolest old investigator ever, Luciano. He's dropping a rap album about faith soon so he gave us some samples of his beats and rapped and sung to them, I was diggin it. It's gonna be in English, Swedish, Italian, and Spanish. He invited us into his studio sometime to see how his English is in his English raps. He also brought up the topic of baptism himself and how he's thinking of getting baptized, he's pretty set on a friend of his baptizing him but we'll see what happens. Quote of the day, when Luciano was talking about his favorite rappers, "The rap artist I wanna be like is Jesus".
On wednesday we met up with Elder Hart and his brand new greenie, Elder Holt, in Växjö since they had to do some immigration stuff for Elder Holt's visa. We had lunch with them at a moderately fancy restaurant on the lake and had a grand old time. We did some swing by's in the afternoon in a neighborhood where we seem to visit a lot. After that we met up with Helen in the branch and read the classic story of Laban and the brass plates with her. We had open church then went home, had dinner and planned.
Thursday was a good day. We took a train down to Malmö for zone training. It was a great training all about working with members and helping people keep the Sabbath Day holy. My favorite part was watching a little Bible video of Christ and the last supper, if you haven't watched it, do it today, it gave me such feelings of peace and love and made we want to run to church to take the Sacrament on sunday. We made it back to our area then did language study then headed to an old investigator's house, Jacob. We had a good discussion about the Bible and I learned a lot from teaching him.
On friday we went out to Anita's house to do some service packing up books. Both of our lessons blåsted on us so we found a referral and did some tracting then weekly planned at night.
Highlight of the week for sure! Saturday I was in my old hometown, the country of Lego and putting lots of butter on stuff and expensive cars, that's right you guessed it, Denmark! Well, Copenhagen to be specific. We got up at 5 am and drove down with the Stokes as part of the stake temple trip. It was pretty special to me cause we lived in Denmark and I was there for the open house of the Copenhagen temple in 2004 as well as my older sister Nicole serving a 3 month mission doing tours for the temlpe open house. We did 2 sessions in the temple, one in English and one in Swedish which was SO cool! And for the second session I happened to run into 2 of the Danish elders who I went through the MTC with that happened to be there as well, how random is that? After the temple we went to the Vor Frue Church that has the original Christus and 12 Apostles, so incredible to see, Christ was portrayed so beautifully and majestically. We drove home at night and that wiped out our whole saturday, made it to our apartment at 9:29 pm. What a day!
Sunday was church then meeting with an old investigator named Antonio then biking out to Teleborg and tracting and meeting with a member family.
My thought for this week is about the temple. My testimony of the temple is strengthened every time I go and I know with more and more certainty that it is the House of the Lord. There is a feeling of peace, joy, and love that abides there and to put it simply, it feels like home. It feels like coming home. D&C 88:119.
Have a fantastic week as always!
Med mycket kärlek,
Äldste Hainsworth
The original Christus
No comments:
Post a Comment