- Tennyson Hainsworth <tennyson.hainsworth@myldsmail.net>
- To:
- Sherri Hainsworth <usa2dkk@fastmail.fm>, STANLEY HAINSWORTH <stanleyhainsworth@mac.com>, Stefan Reed <stefan.reed@myldsmail.net>, Gregory Allen Richards <gregory.richards@myldsmail.net>, Alex Stout <Scott.stout@myldsmail.net>
- Subject:
- Julbord Galore
- Date:
- Friday, January 01, 2016 4:19 AM
- Size:
- 11 KB
On monday the 21st of December Victoria was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church! She is someone that both the Landskrona Elders as well as we have been working with and her big day finally arrived. It was a beautiful service where the Spirit was very strong throughout the inspired talks and baptism and confirmation. Her parents were there to support her and she able to be baptized by Casper, her boyfriend and member of the ward. It made me think back on and ponder my own decision to be baptized 11 years ago and where my commitment to follow Jesus Christ has taken me throughout the years.
Some super legit phone gloves the Landskrona Elders bought
Super sweet little Christmas arrangement
With Jultomten!
I really enjoyed my first Christmas as a missionary, it was different but very special. The festivities started on the 24th at the Malmstens in Landskrona where we watched Big Hero 6 and had a good time getting to know the Malmstens better. We rushed from the Malmstens to make it to the Ocasio's to make it just in time for the traditional Kalle Anka (Donald Duck) at 3 pm every Christmas Eve. Many members were there at the Ocasio's, the night included a traditional Swedish Julbord followed by a visit from Jultomten to deliver presents then games, reading Luke 2 and singing Christmas carols together. The highlight of the holidays was the next morning skyping the family in India. I forget pretty easily that live continues full speed back home so the time flew right by as we caught up and shared some memories together. It was a flood of emotions but most of them good, it reminds you and fills you with a love for you family and love for God. Christmas was spent with the Wagners watching Monsters University and Surfs Up and playing games and talking and relaxing as well as another Julbord. All in all we had four Julbord dinners four days in a row, we were ready to eat something else!
New years eve was equally enjoyable, it was a night of good food, fun games, and amazing people. The fireworks were going off all over the city and you could see them across the ocean in Denmark too, what a cool experience.
We've begun teaching a new investigator Joe, he is from Vietnam but has lived in Sweden most of his life. He has many thought provoking questions and interesting theories.
Elder Scott and I are doing better than ever, we both are loving this area and loving the work and the people, it's nowhere near easy but it's worth it.
I love my family and friends and am so thankful for each and every one of you.
Äldste Hainsworth
What happens when you put frosting on brownies fresh out of the oven and then rush to the train station
Julbord
Christmas morning was a ghost town
Thanks so much to my ward and especially my mom for the package, you're the best!!
(From Sherri: The fabric tree that I made for Tenny in Oct. & mailed off on Oct. 30th, so he'd for sure have it by Dec. 1st was mailed back to me along with 3 of the other 4 packages I sent to Sweden for Christmas. The only one that didn't come back was one for a random Elder that wouldn't be getting much from home. The one for the random Sister (girl) missionary was one of the ones sent back. This time I waited until I had Tenny's direct address from him before paying again to send it. Because I had to put it in a different box & could send it straight to him, I added some stuff which put the price up to $65 for sending it the 2nd time. $41 was the 1st time. Very expensive chocolate chips, cookies, $1 box of Kraft mac n cheese, popcorn, etc. But so worth it for Tenny to finally get a package even if it was after Christmas. His main Christmas package was returned to us while we were in India. As was a package that I'd sent one of his cousins in the States. It came back saying I owed $14.27 which is exactly what I paid when I mailed it before Thanksgiving. I'm beyond frustrated with the post system right now! And computers that glitch addresses causing them to print the wrong one & ruining so much effort, time, money & hopes for a Happy Christmas for a son that's away from home at Christmas for the first time in his young life. Tenny had a way better attitude about it all than I did.)
Makin some German pancakes with my man Äldste Mason
Playin some Settlers
No comments:
Post a Comment