Monday, January 16, 2017

November 21st - 45 Minute Talk


Hey everyone,

I have been really enjoying my time up here in Skellefteå, or down here in Skellefteå if you're in the Arctic Circle I suppose. It's been warmer than my first week and the snow has turned into bumpy ice and lots of slush. Just this morning on the way here Elder Mecham fell making a turn on his bike when his back wheel slid out. He's ok though and we're biking slowly and carefully. It's kinda fun, my mountain biking days are coming in handy cause I haven't fallen yet *knock on wood.

So a missionary came up to me at a big training we had in Umeå and was like Elder Hainsworth my mom asked about you this week. I said what how come? He said apparently your mom was talking on facebook or somewhere about how she's worried about you staying warm...So I just want to publicly say that I'm staying warm! It's all about layers. I appreciate your concern though mom, love you! 

Alexander is moving forward and has committed to live the Word of Wisdom. I've got a lot of respect for that guy. Him and his fiance are living together and she's been giving him a hard time about the church. He said after our last meeting he was going to talk to her about it because this Church means a lot to him and she should want what's best for him. 

We did a fun workovers up in Boden with the Elders and that was a fun time. I got to teach some lessons and contact with Elder Carter whose brand spankin new to Sweden and it amazes me how competent he is in missionary work and Swedish. Motivates an old goober like me.

Some facts about the branch of Skellefteå
-it's the smallest in Sweden with 4 active members
-church is 2 hours long, sacrament meeting and sunday school
-the branch president and missionaries mainly give talks
-we meet in a cute little house nestled right outside the city

My first sunday in Church I had the opportunity to give a 45 minute talk. Yes that's right, we took the sacrament then I spoke then the meeting was over. It went suprisingly well, I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was easier to talk since there was only 5 people I had to make eye contact with. 

I have a testimony that the Church is true wherever you go. I received a warm welcome here in Skellefteå and it's been the same every area I've been to. I love the community of brothers and sisters we have all over the world. Makes the world feel just a little bit smaller. 

Take care, happy thanksgiving! 

Love,

Äldste Hainsworth



Nice pink church, reminds of the centerville house's old paint job




The district


Waxin up my jacket to waterproof it, it's usually black


Email Received - November 21, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment