Wednesday, January 4, 2017

November 8th - Migrating....North For the Winter

I just got transfer calls for the LAST 3 MONTHS OF MY MISSION!!!!! Where has the time gone?!?! I'm going way up north for the middle of winter, it's gonna be sooo cold I don't know what I'm gonna do. But I'm stoked out of my mind, northern lights, reindeer, moose, winter wonderland of snow, I'm getting the real swedish deal for christmas time. I'm excited to keep y'all updated and I'll even send some pics from where the movie "Frozen" was filmed ;) kidding but seriously that's what I'm expecting! Elder Kilton my comp has served up there so he gave me the inside scoop. More next week though. Elder Kilton's staying and getting Elder Brown from Karlstad. 

Some of the highlights from this week: 

SNOW! It's begun! Well here in Norrköping at least, I'm guessing it started snowing a while ago up in Skellefteå. 

Ricardo is doing great and is on track to be baptized the 19th of November. I'm sad I'm missing his baptism by a week and a half but I know I'm leaving him in good hands with Elder Kilton and Elder Brown. 

Adrian is doing awesome and is just chugging along towards being baptized in January. These two guys are about the same age as me and I've loved having them as investiagators, it just feels like my friends back home except that they both speak three languages and are on track to be members of the Church. 

We did a 3 day 2 night workovers in Katrineholm and it was awesome! I love Elder Holt and Anthon and we had a blast playing Uno with some members and teaching lots of lessons to their investigators. 

We went to Linköping on p day to hangout with Elders Blattman and Johnson for Halloween, it was pretty lame, no ward halloween parties, but we played ping pong and made some mini corn dogs. 

I said goodbye to the ward on sunday. I've come closer to these members as a whole than any other on my mission and it's just made it harder to say goodbye. So many stellar people that I'm going to miss. 

I shared my testimony on sunday of something I've learned in my time in Norrköping. It's the worth of a soul. I compared it to the cemetary at night on Alla Helgons Dag with all the small tea candles dispelling the darkness. If one small candle can dispel all the darkness of the night, how can we let the darkness in the world conceal our light? It reminded me of one of my favorite poems called "The Sunshine Kid" by Harry Baker (go listen to it right now if you haven't). Especially rolling into the winter season as the nights creep forward and the sun shys away, our contenance, a smile or a kind word can do so much. That's one of my goals these next couple months is to be a light in the darkness, literally and figuratively. 

Have a good week, sköt om er! 

Puss kram hej hej! 


-Hainy (as Alex our new convert calls me)






Little late but our halloween decorations




Halloween costumes: Harry Potter and Swedish women's volleyball player




Elder Holt, Elder Anthon, and comp



Cleaning the church with the ward



Halloween sighting



Ricardo



Bishop Bondesson and his wife



Kerstin



Alla Helgons Dag where everyone lights candles in the graveyard at night in remembrance of those that have passed on



Email received: November 8th, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment