Tjena tjena!
We've been working with a less active who joined the Church 8 months ago by doing service for her and teaching her through the lessons. She is super bad at focusing and not getting distracted so for teaching her the Restoration we decided to mix it up. Her and myself became companions and taught Elder DeMordaunt. She taught so well and stayed focused the whole time! I actually learned from her and got some new insights from how she taught, you really can learn from anyone if you keep an open mind.
On Wednesday a member invited us to have lunch at her non-profit organization's house so we biked there (beautiful day) and had lunch. She was really stressed and was telling us about all the problems she's been having so she asked us to give her a blessing. I was able to offer the blessing and I can truly testify that the power of the priesthood is real. The Spirit was so strong and all I could feel was an intense, burning love for Anita that I know was just a little taste of her Heavenly Father's love for her.
We've been doing a lot of service this week, mowed some lawns and did some other yard work. One family we did service for needed their lawn mowed so Elder DeMordaunt got right on that while I did the difficult task of playing soccer with her kids (I probably got more sweaty than him actually). It was super fun and reminded me of my childhood days playing soccer outside for hours.
We got to go down to Malmö this week for zone training! In Kungsbacka it was a 20 minute drive to zone training, now it's a 2 hour train ride. For those who don't know or are too lazy to check google maps, Malmö is at the very bottom of Sweden and right by the Danish border where Copenhagen is. I didn't get to go to Denmark but Malmö was awesome. Such a different side of Sweden and really fun to get lunch and walk around, people also seemed a little happier and nicer down here.
A lot of finding work being done this week, tracting loooots of buildings trying to find more investigators. It's been a test of diligence for sure but the small successes are rewarding enough to keep pushing forward. It's been in the 80's this week, the apartment is like a sauna when we walk in, I have no idea how other missionaries do this all the time! Rain is in the forecast!
Oh and we sadly did nothing for fourth of july, no parties, no fireworks BUT a (Swedish) member played the National Anthem in Sacrament meeting and I sung the words in my head so that made up for it!
The theme recently has been Ether 12:27 for me. I know Heavenly Father is testing me and that diligence and pressing forward through trials is not only the best way to learn and grow, it's the only way! It's why we're here on earth! I know the Lord is consecrating my performance every step of the way.
All the best, viva la Sverige!
Äldste Hainsworth
Breakfast of champions
Sightseeing in Malmö
Walking the streets, almost in my old homeland of Denmark!
(Malmo, across from Denmark)
O'boy is like Nesquik but better, so happy I found O'boy cereal!
Utah license plate??
No comments:
Post a Comment