Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Gray Skies & Drunk Guys

God eftermiddag everyone!! 

We had a zone volleyball tournament down in Malmö on p-day so I'm writing this a day late. It was a lot of fun and my team came in 3rd, I'll take that top 3, better than last! Also don't ask me why the mission paid for us to travel to Malmö and take up our entire p-day for a volleyball tournament but it was good bonding so there's that! 

I had a craaazy experience this week, really weird. So I wake up early in the morning on Wednesday to what I thought was either the mailman or someone outside the window saying "Hallå?", "Hallå?". So I stumble out of bed half asleep to answer the door to whoever the heck is up at that hour and bam, there's a middle aged drunk guy with a scraggly beard and a single earring standing in the entryway to our apartment. I was so out of it I just stayed calm and said hi and shook his hand. His slurred Swedish was impossible to understand though, all I got out of it was he mentioned Jesu Kristi Kyrka cause it's on our apartment door, I just did the same thing I did when I didn't understand anyone as a greenie, smile and nod, always works. He was also very touchy, shook my hand then held onto it for awhile till I pulled away, cupped my cheek with his hand and what not. After talking for a minute or two he just left, my comp didn't even get out of bed for this whole ordeal. There's a lesson for you kids, always lock your front door! 

We met with our investigator Corina this week who had a baptismal date scheduled for last Saturday, she even asked when we met with her if she can still get baptized and we told her we think it'd be best to wait and talk about it next time. Still working on getting her a solid testimony of the Book of Mormon, it'll come! After Corina's lesson we got to give a member a priesthood blessing whose been struggling with depression and it was an amazing experience, always a great reminder of how much Heavenly Father loves each and every one of his children individually. 

We've been doing lots of swing by's and finding work this week trying to find a family for the branch here in Växjö! The rain is back but that hasn't stopped us from getting out there and talking to people about the gospel. We've handed out some Book of Mormon's in English, Swedish, Persian and Arabic this week. 

Something me and my companion were talking about during meals and stuff this week is the psychology of human's and how we can improve our contacts and door approaches with people to get more positive results. The more I thought about that stuff though the more I realized that I'm missing the point, I don't need to worry about that stuff. As long as I am obedient then I am promised to have the Spirit with me, and the Spirit will do all the work and persuading and true teaching for me. It's the same way on or off the mission, the Holy Ghost is a gift and with it we can do all things! 

Keep living the amazing lives you do, love you all! 

Äldste Hainsworth

(From Tenny's mom:  Yikes!  You left your front door open during the night?!?! While you slept?!?!)
)
 Serious zone pic.    And silly.



  Ice cream after district meeting in Karlskrona
 Bowling after the volleyball tourney in Malmö
Photobombed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment