Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Goodbye Kungsbacka, Hello Växjö

Hallå allihopa! 

This week was pretty crazy, transfer calls are in annnnnnnd I'm leaving! No more Kungsbacka for me, or even Goteborg zone! I'm headed to Växjö which is a small branch kinda in the middle southern part of Sweden. I don't really know what to expect and I know nothing about my new companion but that's the beauty of it! Oh and the Elders area in Kungsbacka is shutting down, at least for now, so Sister Mecham and her new companion will be busy next transfer with all our investigators and what not we're handing over to them. 

On p-day we went to Ulåred which is the biggest shopping store\center in at least Northern Europe, picture a Walmart but like 7x bigger, it was crazy!! 

We had a super good lesson with Lars this week, we discussed a lot about evolution and science and it was way good, I love serving in Sweden cause everyone here is so dang smart and doesn't just accept everything at face value which is super good but can be annoying at times too! Makes for some great discussions. 

We went by Harry Mordbey's (we call him Wizard Mordbey) for the last time. He's a member in our ward that reminds me of the turtle from Kung Fu Panda. We got to look at his book collection and I always learn so much from him, I hope I can be old and wise one day. 

We had an AMAZING lesson with Vanessa on thursday. She's a lady we contacted last week and we got to give her a tour of the church and answer a lot of her questions. She's an awesome investigator and she's one of the people I'll miss most about leaving, I have high hopes for her with the Sisters next transfer! 

On friday it was Midsommar so we pretty much got the day off cause people like to drink...haha it was so fun, we went to two midsommar parties and danced around the Maypole and it was just really cool Swedish tradition where people wore traditional Swedish clothes and performed traditional Swedish songs, Sweden's the best! 

That's about it for this week, exciting week ahead sending Elder Christensen home and heading to Växjö, har det gott!

Äldste Hainsworth

 Dancing around the midsommar pole

Missionary tanning



I thought we were doing a serious one

The 4 man<3

Had to say bye to our investigator Bent, I'll miss him


 Midsommar pole!

Tapas from a Spanish member


My companions getting a little excited....


No comments:

Post a Comment