So I moved! I'm no longer in the very Swedish town of Kungsbacka but have moved down south to the very immigrant-y, bigger town of Växjo in the middle of nowhere. My new companion is Elder DeMordaunt and he's awesome. He went to 2 years at BYU before his mission and even stayed in the same dorm as me. He's been out for about 9 months and is a tall guy, like 6'3". He's from Eagle, ID so we know some of the same people! And we have a lot of common interests so yeah it's been way fun so far!
My mission dad, "they grow up so fast"
I was sad to leave Kungsbacka this week but I'm happy with how I left it with a good investigator pool and lots of stuff for the sisters to do. Växjö kind of has a reputation for disobedient missionaries so there's not much going on in the area but that's ok! I'm optimistic and we've already found some positive potential investigators this week. It's a tiny branch, about 14 active members in church every sunday so you know what that means! Yep, I gave a 10 minute talk in church on sunday haha guess I joked about it happening too much, but it went great, good chance to really see weaknesses in my Swedish since it was dead quiet except for me speaking at the pulpit.
They have an accent here called Smålandska which is like the southern Swedish accent but less intense and more beautiful (the southern accent is more like a danish accent where your r's are w's. I still smile everytime I hear it cause it's just so funny the way they talk but I'm getting used to it! The chapel here is really cool, it's right in the middle of the city on a busy street so we do open church a couple times a week to let people come check it out.
We've been doing a lot of less actives swing by's and tracting so far. The youngest member in the branch is 30 so we gotta get some families going here in Växjö, what's a Mormon church without little kids running around and crying in sacrament?! So anyways, it's been a different and new experience but that's the best part of a mission so I'm just gonna work hard and enjoy the ride!
"Cultivate an attitude of happiness. Cultivate a spirit of optimism" -Gordon B. Hinckley.
It's not always easy but choosing to be happy and remembering how blessed we are makes all the difference!
Äldste Hainsworth
Headed to bigger and better things in Växjö!
Trying to roast marshmallows in the rain
Playing a traditional Viking game called Kubb, like horseshoes meets bowling
No comments:
Post a Comment