God morgon/eftermiddag/natt!
This week has been busy which is always a good thing! I feel like me and my companion were more of a manual labor crew than a missionary companionship with how much service we did again this week but service is always a good time!
Middle Eastern desserts.
This week has been busy which is always a good thing! I feel like me and my companion were more of a manual labor crew than a missionary companionship with how much service we did again this week but service is always a good time!
We set a must-be-reached goal of unplanned people we would talk to this week which was super solid cause that's what this area needs! So we did a lot of swinging by potential investigator's or less actives then just knocking around their area to find people to teach. It's been working out pretty great and we have a good pool of potential investigators that we can hopefully pull an investigator or two out of!
There is one investigator named Corina we have who had a baptismal date and was progressing but sadly she's been on vacation the last 3 weeks, she got back and we met with her for the first time in a while this week and the baptism will be delayed to some later date, maybe in the fall. It's sad but people are people with needs and concerns and desires and I definitely don't want investigators walking in one end of the Church then walking right back out the other end! She'll get there when she's ready!
We had the usual sights and sounds of Växjö this week with taking a 2 hour train ride to Kristianstad for district meeting on friday. We also played soccer again on saturday which is always a good time playing against 30 year old out of shape men.
In Church I decided (with my companion's loving encouragement) to give translating a go. So I translated for a new couple in our ward from London during sunday school and it went really well! Obviously there were some words that went straight over my head but it was a confidence builder in my language abilities for sure.
I want to share an experience that my companion and I had yesterday while doing potential investigator swing by's. It was about 8:30 pm and we were trying to decide if we wanted to go home and eat since we hadn't had dinner yet or keep swinging by people and knocking doors. We decided to swing by Swali, a 20 year old African who was a potential investigator we'd tracted into the week before. Turns out that Swali wasn't home or even lived there but a lady named Anna answered. We decided to give Anna the Book of Mormon to give Swali. Anna said she actually has one herself and we were like what!? Turns out she's read some of it, likes it, but has never met with missionaries before so we have an appointment set up for this week!! Which for here in Växjö is super exciting, a planned lesson in the week! God really does work in weird, unexpected ways but it just goes to show that His plan is a lot better than ours!
Something I've been thinking a lot about lately is obedience. It says in John 14:15, if you love me, keep my commandments. Our agency is a gift from God but our happiness comes from obedience to His laws. I have seen that so much on my mission, wickedness cannot bring lasting happiness and peace, it just can't. The only way to true, lasting, fulfilling joy is through Jesus Christ and the light He can bring into our life.
Ha det så gott!
Äldste Hainsworth
PS This is random but I love snowboarding and have always looked up to the legend of snowboarding, Jeremy Jones, and I just found out HE'S A MORMON!! My mind was BLOWN! So cool, anyways that was all!
Middle Eastern desserts.
No comments:
Post a Comment