Hallå eller? This was a transition week for Elder Hainsworth in the ole Norrköping. I shipped Elder Barnes off to Alingsås on wednesday and received Elder Kilton an hour later who'd been in Eskilstuna. Here's a brief bio on my new comp:
-from Provo, UT. Born and raised!
-loves superheros, especially spiderman
-loves singing and, especially musicals
-from the same group as Elder Barnes
-all in all a goofy, fun-loving, musicaly guy
We didn't dilly dally around with Elder Kilton's arrival, we got right to work. In fact, Alex was baptized on Saturday! We told him to be sure and be there by 4:45 pm to change and be ready as the service starts at 5. Well 4:45 rolls around and he hasn't showed up. 5:00 hits and he's not there. 5:15 and he's still nowhere to be found. We're nervously sitting in the chapel listening to prelude music and silently praying he didn't bail on his own baptism. Finally at around 5:20 he walks in the chapel and claims that he thought the service was at 6! I'm just glad he came, after that everything went smoothly. It was special being the one baptizing him and using the power of the priesthood.
Christian, our investigator, has had some health problems but we have met with Simon as well as Christian's wife. They apologized for explaining their troubled situation right now with Christian's health problem and struggles finding a better living situation but we were more than glad to listen. We had planned to teach the Plan of Salvation and we kept it simple and focused on eternal families, that they can go to the temple as a family unit and be sealed for eternity. The Spirit bore witness of our words.
I had a good talk with Elder Walton, a good friend of mine, this week about being genuine and sincere, especially when it comes to the Church. It's something I have a hard time doing, being honest and open with people but I think it's the best way. People notice when we're not just speaking in cliches or saying what they want to hear but when we really open our hearts and say it like it is. Things as they really are. It's something I am going to keep trying to improve on.
Take care of yourselves and know that I love you!
Äldste Hainsworth
The service crew
View from our apartment
Alex was baptized!
P day at the Swedish Air Force museum
Email received: August 22nd, 2016
No comments:
Post a Comment