Well, I've been requested to talk more about the struggles of my mission and being a missionary so maybe I can fill you in a bit more. I've talked some about this stuff already. I don't usually complain about rejection because I've gotten so used to it that it doesn't bother me anymore. Well, it bothers me if it's someone I'm close to, like an investigator. It's hard when people you love can't see you anymore, like Christian and Simon because of Christian's heart problems. I was pretty heartbroken over that, I had already planned it out in my head their baptisms and the joy them being members of the Church would bring to their family and their eventual sealing in the temple. Then it all just ended with one text from Simon. That's tough. Also we set up lots of lessons with potential investigators over the phone and then they don't show up and don't answer their phone. That can get frustrating, it happened multiple times this week, but you move past it. Also it's been harder recently concentrating on missionary work since my mission is in the fourth quarter of the game I guess you can say. It's been easier though too since I'm adjusted so much to the missionary life, getting up at 6:30 is normal, talking to people is normal, companions are normal, etc. Like I said in a previous email I'm still working on being genuine, I guess this email is an example of that. Also, it's always been hard to truly express my feelings, especially love for others, I guess you can call that charity. It's something I've learned from many of my companions and something I still work on. Those are just a couple things, I'll be sure to talk more about everything in future emails. Overall though, the blessings always outweigh the struggles. I feel blessed to be serving with Elder Kilton, to be here in Norrköping, and to belong to this ward.
Alex didn't come to church on sunday but we're still meeting with him. Man this is getting frustrating, if he doesn't come this sunday he can't go on the temple trip. Please pray for him!
Funny little experience. We usually offer pass along cards to people that are in a hurry or whatever, so as we contacted this lady this week, my muscle memory immediately kicks in when she says she's in a hurry and I jam my hand in my pocket, grab a card as I keep many in my pocket and offer it to her only to watch her look really confused. I look down bewildered at her reaction and realize it's my bus card, which is about the same size and shape as the mormon.org cards. Haha classic.
After 2 months of working with Mathias in my time I think we're finally getting somewhere. We're meeting with his girlfriend for the first time tomorrow to propose marriage...seriously we're trying to set a wedding date so that Mathias can get baptized. Please pray for him and for us! He's been investigating for a year now so it's definitely time.
Dao is an afghani guy in his 20's that speaks Swedish that we contacted on the street a couple weeks ago and have now met with him three times. He grew up believing in God but lost his faith later in his teenage years. He wants so badly to believe. In his words, he doesn't care if it's the Christian God, Muslim God, Jewish God or Buddhist God, he just wants the true God. He wants a true connection with God. We started extremely basic with how God is our loving Heavenly Father. We both took some time to explain to him in detail how we came personally to believe in God in the years leading up to our missions. The Spirit was very strong and it clicked for Dao. He said he would read the Book of Mormon and pray about if God exists. Dao is so great, such a sincere guy.
Let me know if there's ever anything you want me to talk more about in my letters! I like requests!
Have a good week!
Äldste Hainsworth
Email received: September 5th, 2016
No comments:
Post a Comment