Hejsan allesammans! Jag älskar er!
I found out this week that my name pronounced in Arabic (like with an Arabic accent) sounds like "Tawny Honeyworth.
An Elder in district meeting said something that I really liked this week, maybe because I especially needed to hear it. He said that all you need to be motivated is faith, hope, and charity. If you feel sluggish or unmotivated, do a self evaluation and see which one of those three needs an extra boost. D&C 4:5- "And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work." Also, if you need a pick me up go listen to the Primary Medley by the King's Singers. Who couldn't love that arrangement?
We've been focusing on mixing it up in our finding and it's been a ton of fun! Many missionaries, including me, actually I'm first in line, get stuck in the same finding approaches and it becomes mundane and you turn into a missionary robot. We've been mixing it up and it's been helping us enjoy finding more as well as the people we talk to. Something we've been doing is simply going up to people and asking them a question right off the bat. One question, for example, "Why do you think there's so many churches on the world today?". Questions help cause Swedes can be like a bomb that can be set off with certain triggers. Some of those triggers are:
-seeing our nametags
-the words "missionaries", "church", "God", etc.
-the white shirts and ties
We've also tried contacting with other materials like Family: A Proclamation to the World. It definitely helps to mix things up, missionary work is supposed to be fun and if you do the same ole stuff with no results it sure won't be.
I love you and hope this letter finds you happy and healthy!
Mvh,
Äldste Hainsworth
Email received: September 19th, 2016
No comments:
Post a Comment