Hej jo!
Here's some updates on people!
Mireya's doing great as always, we're getting ready for her service this saturday.
Alex is on track to be baptized a week after Mireya, he's a very reliable guy and doesn't have any major problems standing in his way *knock on wood.
Mathias is great, really wants to be baptized and we're working him and doing the best we can to help fix his situation with his girlfriend so that that can come to pass.
We had a wonderfully uplifting testimony meeting in church this last sunday. It was topped off when our new investigator wanted to go up and bear his testimony. Erik is an 18 year old dude that came to church this week since his girlfriend was baptized recently and he was interested in the gospel. He shared his testimony of how strongly he felt the Spirit in the room and how he was grateful for the Spirit in his life. What a guy.
Scripture I've been pondering this week. I've always been a big picture thinking guy, I like to see the end from the beginning and keep a broad perspective in my daily life. However, when dealing with spiritual matters, we need an eternal perspective, not simply a broad or widened perspective. I know this is true because I've met countless people on my mission that live from day to day with no long term vision for their life let alone the distant future. With the knowledge of God's eternal plan I've found more meaning in my life's endeavors, I can look at life like these verses in Corinthians describes it.
2 Corinthians 4:
"16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal."
Have a good one!
Äldste Hainsworth
Fun fact: Pizza slicers don't exist in Sweden, at least I've never seen one. They usually cut their thin style Swedish pizza with a knife, or the more popular option, a nice pair of scissors.
Elder Walton my old comp getting some dirt off his pants
No comments:
Post a Comment