Wednesday, December 21, 2016

September 26th - We'll All Float On

Nothing too crazy with transfer calls this week, I'm staying in Norrköping going on my third transfer and second with Elder Kilton. I'm excited since I know the area, members, and investigators well so I hope to be able to help and serve them better than the past two transfers combined!! 

This week we had zone conference in Stockholm and boy what a zone conference it was. The highlight was when Sister Beckstrand reminded us that our parents wouldn't let us leave for two whole years to share the gospel if they didn't know it was true. As I was reflecting on this she brought out letters from our parents for each of us. As I read the words from my mom and dad I felt a love and gratitude for my upbringing so strong that it felt like my body couldn't contain all those feelings. I've been so unbelievably blessed to be raised by such loving parents in the gospel. The first verse in the Book of Mormon kept popping into my head as Nephi shares similar feelings "I, Nephi, having been born of goodly parents, therefore I was taught somewhat in all the learning of my father". Thank you mom and dad for your love and sacrifice, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you.

Elder Kilton and I were walking home from church yesterday and I had to use the bathroom baaaad. I said I could wait so we could contact a few people and the last guy we contact on the street of our apartment is so awesome! He's a Chinese guy from Beijing who speaks English and is living here for work. He was so friendly and had just been to Church that morning and had been learning more and was interested in Christianity. He said it's so hard to make it through life on your own so it helps to have someone else to strengthen you. Wise man. It was super hard to concentrate but because of stopping him and talking we're now meeting him again tomorrow and he's very positive! Plus I made it to the bathroom! 

We're working on having Alex pass the sacrament, getting Mathias married, and getting some less actives to church. Otherwise we're trying to help investigators progress and always on the prowl for new investigators. Life is good! A mission has its ups and downs but there's always more to be grateful for than to complain about. 

Take care and know that I love you. 

Mycket kärlek,

Äldste Hainsworth

Email received: September 26th, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment